If your dog jumps on guests, nibble your furniture or say digs up your lawn every time, it’s about time you feed him some obedience lessons. Apart from treats and affection, there are also other means available to teach your dog some manners, like dog training apps. They are simply amazing! These mobile apps are great tools for disciplining your pooches.
There are plenty of dog training apps available on both Android and iOS platforms, each with promising features. So to help you choose the best, we came up with the finest ones based on their efficacy and user reviews. Check them out:
An excellent dog-disciplining tool, this is one of the most popular dog training apps on the internet. Besides providing obedience training, impulse control, and exercise courses for your furry companion, the app is also a great bond booster. Just sign up for a quick test by addressing your dog’s requirements and the app will recommend the most ideal training program for your puppy.
- The app offers over 100+ Dog tricks and commands with video instructions
- You get personal feedback from professional dog trainers within 12 hours
- The app’s in-built clicker enables positive dog training and reduces training time by 40%
- You can share your puppy’s moments in the Dogo Community and meet dog parents from all places
Training your dog becomes super fun with the Pubford app because it has the perfect course taught by dog trainers and pet experts. Designed by famous Youtube dog trainer, Zak George, the app offers great training techniques that are easy and quite comprehensible for both the owner and the dog. With positive reinforcement techniques, you will be able to train your dog in a more subtle manner.
- Totally free online dog training course with a 30-day video course led by famous dog trainer Zak George
- You can also get the measure of your dog’s progress by marking certain behavior that has been achieved
- Provides positive reinforcement techniques, daily tips, and Q&A sessions
- Private Support Community on Facebook where you can get in touch with other pub parents
If you’re looking for an app with fun visuals and cool features, you should probably download the Puppr app. This app will not only train your dogs but will also boost their bond with you. The app is easy to use and comes with step-by-step video instructions that are quite fun and exciting.
- Over 80 lessons taught by celebrity dog trainer Sara Carson & The Super Collies
- Friendly interface with step-by-step video instructions
- Built-in clicker for easy training
- Live chat with expert trainers
- Track your dog’s training progress, collect badges after progress, and master new tricks
4. iTrainer Dog Whistle & Clicker
Available for iPhone users, this app will simplify your dog training headache to quite an extent. The app is simple, user-friendly, and comes loaded with amazing features such as a dog whistle and squeaky sound effects that every dog loves. Aside from a clicker, the app also features over 50+ animal sound effects that are very useful during training your dog.
- Customize your dog-whistle frequency from 100hz to 35kHz
- Squeaky toy sound effects to grab your dog’s attention
- Built-in clicker with 5 different sounds
- Sound recorder to record your dog’s favorite sound
- 50+ animal sound effects for your curious dog
With GoodPub, you can now train your dog easily and more quickly. The app is just the right tool to help your dog learn good manners that too, in a short span of time! From potty and crate training to teaching basic commands and behavioral training, GoodPub is the complete package for every dog parent.
Get started by answering a few questions about your dog by assessing your dog’s requirements. Next, schedule a video call session with a trainer within 24 hours, and voila, start your dog training!
- Weekly 1-1 live video calls with a GoodPub certified trainer to pick up new skills and commands
- 24/7 GoodPub chats to send and receive messages from your trainer and veterinary team
- Over 35000+ personalized training plans for dogs of all ages and breeds
- GoodPub uses positive reinforcement training, which is backed by the American Veterinary Association
- Not convinced? You get a full refund if you aren’t satisfied with the training in the first month
If you’re spending too much money on dog trainers with poor outcomes, you should get the GoDog app for a change. The app has all the right elements and is quite reasonable considering its rich features. Basic lessons are free and also the walking tracker feature, which tracks your dog’s exercise routine, can be used freely without a Premium subscription.
- Considering the app’s size, your phone space is safe
- Comes with step-by-step video instructions and lessons verified by dog experts
- Built-in dog whistle and clicker for effective training
- Health diary for your pup where you can set reminders for vaccinations, medications, and emergencies
- Walking Tracker to keep an eye on your dog’s exercise routine
- Informative and useful dog health articles
Backed with amazing features and great reviews, Pawsitive app is a fun-filled and instructive dog training app. Unlike other expensive dog training apps, this app is free and accessible to everyone! Doesn’t matter if you’re a new dog parent or an experienced one, this app won’t disappoint you and will definitely do the job.
- Trains your dog by employing positive training methods using commands and tricks with step-by-step instructions and fun illustrations
- Comes with an in-built training clicker
- Food guide to help you understand what your dog should/shouldn’t eat
- Weekly articles to help understand common dog problems and solutions
Training your dogs can be a hard nut to crack, so to speak. In fact, most dog parents will agree on this common fact. Especially with stiffer breeds like the Afghan Hound, Beagles, Bloodhounds, and Dalmatians, things can rub up the wrong way during training hours. But with a little bit of patience plus some help from a dog training app, nothing can be impossible.
We wish you good luck in finding the best dog training apps!