We understand breakups and heartaches could make your nights seem like forever. The first night is always the hardest. Yet time heals and most people get over it soon. But imagine not getting enough restful slumber for days, weeks, and more weeks! That’s what people with insomnia go through, mostly in a never-ending loop! They find trouble sleeping, staying asleep, or much worse, both.
If you’re having a hard time going to sleep or say you’re dealing with insomnia, well you’re in the right place. Here, we will be guiding you in choosing the best insomnia apps or sleep apps based on their efficacy, productivity, and expert recommendations. Check out our top seven picks:
Recommended by doctors and sleep experts, BetterSleep app is just the perfect tool to beat insomnia. It has all the elements that could possibly make you sleep like a baby. With the sound of rainstorms, birds chirping, peaceful melodies, and rustling leaves, BetterSleep app comes loaded with all the right sleep components needed for a sleep-deprived person.
And, who says bedtime stories are only for kids? BetterSleep app features over 100 bedtime stories on different themes, with voiceover done by award-winning narrators. The app also provides gentle sleep techniques and breathing exercises that you can try out before jumping to bed.
- Premium audio content with over 300 sleep-inducing soundscapes and 100 bedtime stories.
- Sleep tracker to identify sleep problems and suggest cure and remedy.
- Sleep moves and techniques to de-stress your mind and body.
- Bed reminder to create healthy sleeping hours.
True to its name, Calm is one of the most popular sleep and meditation apps on the internet. Sometimes, we all go through stress and anxiety in life. Most people find it difficult to get out of it. Calm is just the right app for people who are looking for a mental break. Its 10 minutes long meditations can ease your mind and help you get the rest you deserve.
The app comes with over 100 sleep stories narrated by personalities like Mathew McConaughey, LeBron James, Kate Winslet, etc. Who doesn’t love Keith Urban, right? The music section alone will help your mind relax and dream on. Calm also features a series of body relaxing movements videos and breathing exercises that you can try out every day.
- First off, Calm is free to download and use. Also no ads.
- The app helps you meditate, focus, and relax.
- Cover topics not only on sleep problems but also other mental health issues.
- Highly recommended by top psychologists, therapists, and mental health experts.
One of the most outstanding sleep apps, Pzizz has been credited by famous personalities like former NBA Star Roy Hibbert and Jenna Wortham from New York Times for its efficacy and usefulness.
Hate repetitions? Pzizz uses a sleep-optimized mix of pleasant music, voiceover, and sound effects that change each night. Once put to work, it can put you to sleep, keep you that way and you will wake up feeling new. For optimal effectiveness, headphones are recommended.
Pzizz also offers interesting features such as the Sleep Module, Nap Module, and Focus Module. In the sleep module, you can customize 3D Voice and gentle Wake Up music to have a better ‘sleep and wake’ experience. With Nap Module, you can enjoy a perfect afternoon nap with customizable nap narrations and music. The Focus Module is music-designed that improves your focus strength.
- Simplicity at its best. Unlike other apps, Pzizz is simple and effective in giving results.
- Features like sleep duration, volumes, 3D effect, and voice gender are customizable.
- Non-repetitive sessions.
- The app is clinically validated.
Moshi is an award-winning app that is used by millions of people around the world! What’s so special about Moshi is that it is an app that can help your entire family get a night of healthy sleep.
Loaded with soothing sleep sounds, meditations, white noise, and soulful music, Moshi’s effectiveness is outstanding and is scientifically proven too. The app also offers mindfulness topics and deep breathing exercises for your whole family. The stories in Moshi are crafted perfectly to suit your sleep level. The stories turn increasingly dreamy as the narration progresses and ambient sounds diminish gradually.
Moshi also features adorable characters like SleepyPaws the Snoozy Koala, Yawnsy the Sleepwalking Otter, and Nodkins the Bedtime Bunny that can put you to sleep within a few minutes.
- The app is free to download and use
- 85 hours of original audio stories, soothing sleep sounds, meditations, white noise, and soulful music
- Original sleepy stories and calming meditations that are released each week
- Well-curated playlists to meet specific situations like Nap Time, Ease Anxiety, Bedtime, and Calm Down
- Over 200 original sleep content created by the BAFTA award-winning Moshi team
- Recommended by top sleep experts and physicians
5. Relaxing Music
It is proven that music can be impactful in improving sleep quality for people with insomnia. Relaxing Music app is one such app that improves sleep quality by reducing the time it takes to fall asleep with the help of relaxing melodies.
The app is ideal for all age groups. It can be used by students while studying or by parents to put their babies to sleep. Not only does the app improve sleeping quality, but it also reduces stress, strengthens focus, and also relieves tinnitus.
With this app, you can create and customize sound compositions by using soothing sounds of nature like rainstorms, birds chirping, cicadas’ sounds, wind and night sounds, etc.
Why Relaxing Music?
- Totally free app with no in-app fees
- Simple and easy to use
- Offline operation, no data connection needed
- High-quality sound effects
- Recommended for people suffering from tinnitus
6. White Noise Pro
White noise is the type of sound that includes all audible frequencies resulting in masking other sounds. With White Noise Pro app, you can now block unwanted noises that distract your sleep and help you get your slumber quicker.
Nothing like the sound of waves crashing the rocks or the sky cracking up at night, right? Well, White Noise Pro comes with over a hundred soothing sounds that will keep your mind in a tranquil and calm state. Basically, the app has been effective in treating insomnia, improving focus strength, and also putting babies to sleep.
If you live near a crowded street with too many honks and beeps, then this app would surely work wonders for you.
Why White Noise Pro?
- Free to use with no need for downloading additional sound sources
- Neutralizes unwanted noises
- Clear and crisp sound quality
- Healing effect by relieving tension and keeping you lively
Binaural beats can induce the same mental state similar to that of meditation therapy, but much faster. Atmosphere app uses binaural beats and isochronic tones to stimulate your mind, reduce anxiety, and increase concentration power.
The app is based on different sleep environments such as beach, forest, city, home, underwater, park, countryside, oriental, etc. You can also customize sound effects by importing your favorite music or audio and mixing it with default sounds as per your liking.
Atmosphere comes packed with more than 70 calming sounds that can be customized. You don’t have to buy a white noise machine because this app works perfectly fine in disrupting annoying noises and fostering positive moods.
- High-quality sounds to increase relaxation
- Customizable functions
- Binaural beats and isochronic tones for quick effect
- Clean and eye-friendly interface
Lack of sleep or poor-quality sleep can have adverse effects on your health, both mentally and physically, and can significantly hamper your personal life. Health conditions such as sleep apnea can cause insomnia or sleep deprivation. But in most cases, bad sleeping habits are to be blamed.
There are dozens of sleep-inducing applications on the internet. But we like to focus on the best ones. We assure you that the apps we reviewed are quite effective in treating insomnia and other sleep disorders. So think less, get it now and change your life! Goodluck.